Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Time Machine

What a crazy last few months! I've finished my two hardest semesters in the Interior Design program and made some crazy good memories with some well loved roommates as well. I feel so blessed to have made it through this school year! I almost thought I wasn't going to make it during some of the all-nighters, but that's my college life story. Gotta get the most out of these 4 years right?

I've missed quite a few months posting on my blog, so I'm going to try and catch up from the place where I last updated with pictures. I may break up the posts, I may not. I guess we'll see what happens!

Fall Semester 2011 Photo Shoot
Our amazing Relief Society Counselor, Laurel, who is majoring in Photography and Graphic Design agreed to take some fun roommate photos for us. These are a few of them. We took them in a dance studio, and on stage in the auditorium where our ward holds Sacrament meeting.

Just so I never forget their names, these were my roommates Sophomore Yr. Fall Semester: Brandi Pilscher (Int. Design major like me), Erin Densely (Special Ed and Early Ed), Brittany Davis (Nursing and or Nutrition, she was debating), and Sarah Mattson (Art, probably Illustration).

Posing in the mirror.

Inside Joke. I'll let you in on it...Bonnie is our mystery ghost roommate who we still receive mail for. For the past 2 years the residents of Apartment E2 in American Manor, have received Bonnie's mail. Scary if you ask us. We think she's dead. There's glow in the dark writing on our bedroom walls. Convinced?

We had fun drawing on the chalk board about each other. I'm "the Mexican."

Sara, Britt, Erin, me, Brandi

Mustaches were a MUST. It is Rexburg, where only mustaches are the Honor Code's "acceptable facial hair" for men.


Home for Christmas 2011
(Woah, now I really feel like I'm on a time machine going backwards...Christmas! I just don't want these memories to be lost in my iPhoto without words!) Christmas fell on a Sunday this year, and it was actually really wonderful. It seems to add more meaning to the day when we start it off at church worshiping our Savior, which is the real reason for the season.
Handsome boys

Mom and her girls

7 Stockings

Me reading one of my favorite Christmas stories to the fam

New Years Eve YSA Dance
Now that all of my Madison 2nd ward girls are Young Single Adult age (now that we're all in college), we went to a New Years Eve dance at the Milwaukee Stake Center. It was super fun, and it was so wonderful to see my best friends in Madtown again :) We had some good laughs that night.

For example, Issaka was being sexy on the telephone...
Elvera and I making sexy faces, while Crissa was jealous in the background...

And then we decided to pose kinda cute

Like this

Valentines Day 2012
Back in Rexburg for Winter semester, Erin and I had too much fun color coordinating outfits for the day of love, and we couldn't help ourselves, so we cut out paper hearts :) Here are some snapshots from the day.


Look! They match our 80's gymnastic leotard couches!

Lips!

Love this girl to pieces. ps-she let me borrow that pretty scarf.


Ward Missionary Culture Night
This turned out to be a pretty cool ward activity, and as the ward photographer, I took lots of pictures, but I'll just post a couple.
Michelle Stevenson (RS Pres previous semester), cant remember her name, ah! Erin my roomie, Aleera, Brandi (served in Temple Square and Georgia)

The ward baby, David, and Erin being her baby loving and teaching self.


International Women's Day
Yes, there's such a thing, and it happens to be in March. We most appropriately made Shirley Temples, homemade avocado masks, gave ourselves pedicures, and wore cucumbers on our faces. Oh, and here's a secret...we had a gigantic pillow fight while wearing nighties. JUST to live up to the stereotype boys have that girls have pillow fights in their underwear at sleepovers! We didn't go that far, just take my word for it, but since we all had never participated in this specific stereotyped-event, we had to. It was a great way to celebrate with an apartment full of girls, let's just say that.

Messiest grossest feeling thing I ever put on my face!


Sara and Kendra basking...in the fluorescent lamp.


Film Festival BYU-Idaho Style
We heard it was going to be a red-carpet event, so we dressed up all pretty in our diamonds and gowns, but turns out we and our dates (and the announcers) were the only ones dressed up. Oh well! It was fun! So we took a few pictures afterwards to prove a point. We look good.


We'd both like to think our photographer can catch real laughing candids on camera, but usually, we just plan them.

Oh great. I just realized I took about 150 photos at the Color Festival, and I don't think I should keep this post going for much longer, or I may get some droolers (because you've probably all fallen asleep, am I right?) Alright well, I've updated from Dec. 2011 till about mid March 2012...yippee!

More pictures and updates to come :)










1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I totally forgot about those awful/ awesome couches! I also don't remember who we went to that red carpet night with at all...

    ReplyDelete