Gingerbread Houses with Rebecca
(Christmas again?! Man, I really am bad at this.)
I was home on Christmas break, and Rebecca's class needed "class parents" to come and help with their gingerbread house making day! I got to go with my mom and it was super fun seeing Becs in her classroom at school, the same Elementary school I went to when we first moved in and I was only a 2nd grader.
She's so cute, even with a bunch of candy in her mouth :)
Mom and Becs (uh oh, eyes closed mom? sorry!)
She was working hard till I got there...then I wanted to help, and she wanted to let me.
So I did, and she didn't mind a bit :)
Skinny Jean Party at Sammy's
Right after getting back from Christmas break, the "no skinny jean" scandal/rumor happened at BYU-I. So, in honor, Sammy's in Rexburg held a Dance where you got a half price deal ONLY if you wore skinny jeans. We're such rebels! Here are some pictures from the night. (ps-Skinny's are NOT outlawed at BYU-I. Rumors my friends, just rumors.)
Erin, Alora and Me
Struttin' our stuff
They're skinny's alright
Weekends w/ Crissa in Provo
I always love going to Provo because I get to see Clarissa Oliphant! Last time I got to see her was around Thanksgiving and Black Friday weekend. Here are a few pics from then.
We went to a BYU Women's Basketball Game, BYU vs. UW. Crissa and I were reppin'
BYU won though if I remember correctly...
Trying on cute overalls at the mall
She bought them!
Christmas lights here are gorgeous!
My grandma, who I stayed with during Thanksgiving break (love doing that, I did that last year as well) and I went to dinner at Bajio then got a candied apple (divine!) at Rocky Mountain Chocolate, and sat and listened to a violinist playing beautifully at the Riverwoods in Provo. It was a wonderfully perfect end to a wonderful Thanksgiving break!
For the weekend I spent with Crissa in January here are THOSE pics.
Shooting in Hobble Creek Canyon
We went shooting up in Hobble Creek Canyon with a few of her guy buddies who owned guns. Not gonna lie, I was extremely sure I was going to be bored out of my mind, but it turned out super fun, and I'm not too bad of a shooter.
Disclaimer: I did not know that "clay pigeons" did NOT literally mean pigeons made out of clay. I was surprised to find out they were really just clay discs spray painted neon orange. Needless to say, I was disappointed.
Adam throwing clay pigeons for me to shoot. I got the first 3 right away. Beginner's luck. I missed the rest.
Crissa looking like she's done this a million times.
Crissa and I bored in between turns with the guns
Beautiful mountainside. It was cold up there once the sun went behind us, but it was worth it.
Truck we drove up in.
Me...with not so excellent posture for holding a gun, I'm sure.
Bow chica wow wow!
What are you looking at?
This is an MR2482398 (yeah right-like I actually remembered the name of this gun...)
Fun day, cold by the evening, but we ate chips and guacamole and gummy bears on the way back, and listened to Owl City! Good, good memories.
Girls Night at Olive Garden
It had been a while since I'd seen and spent time with some of my best friends that I met Freshman year at BYU-I! Malinda, Savannah, Kyrie and I all went out to dinner, and then shopped around for Savi to find a dress to wear to her sister's wedding in a couple weeks. We had a fun time, like we always do when we're all together :)
Yinda and Savi
Kyrie and Me
Trying on dresses
Red one, my favorite. Felt like a movie star.
Erin and I Being Crafty
Which, in all reality, really was often. Here was just one occasion we out-did ourselves! Made gifts for our Relief Society president, and her counselor who took our roommate pictures for us, made magnets, cards, and just pretty little things!
Clothespin magnet with a feather and a button!
Craft away, craft away!
Spray painted white rice boxes, and added some pretty embellishments
Magnets on the fridge (sorry bad lighting)
It's easy to get carried away when you're working with an Early Education major girl who gets to make crafts with and for her pre-schoolers on a daily basis!
My creation especially. Clothespin ladies :)
Annnnd, I think I'm all caught up with the places I had missed previously. Wow really? Really Emily? I'm asking myself the same thing. You may hear from me again, taking you back in my time machine. Hopefully not, those rides can get awful bumpy :/




No comments:
Post a Comment