Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mud Mayhem

This last Saturday morning, (Sept 17), the first weekend spent in Rexburg, my roommate Brittany Davis and a friend from the Interior Design program, Kerry Sherkanas, and I, decided we would wake up early to attend the Mud Mayhem Obstacle Course that was being hosted by the BYU-I Academic Discover Center at 10am! And yes, 10am is early for a college student, fyi. It was a BLAST and so many people showed up! The goal of the obstacle course was to finish with the fastest time, and each teammate had a different role to play.

Here's me and Britt at 9:30 in the morning...yep.
Me, Britt, Kerry and Danielle (BEFORE the mud)

Teammate 1, started off on the mud slip n' slide (pic on right), army crawled under twine hung right above them, then balanced on a beam hidden under the mud, all the way to teammate 2.

Teammate 2 (that was me) has to then piggy back teammate 1, while running around cones numbered 1-10...not placed in that order. My teammate on my back had to direct me to each cone, so that I could go around them consecutively. All I was doing was trying to stay standing as I tromped through mud with 130 lbs on my back, and inevitably, I fell twice! After finally mastering the muddy cone land, I had to eat a plate full of pudding without using my hands, and read the words that I could then see once the pudding was eaten (see pic above). Next, I was handed a plastic garbage bag, to hop my final distance to Teammate 3 (Brittany). 

She then dug through mud to find plastic glasses, put them on, frog leaped over buckets, which were in order as well, and then met us as a full team. 

We three leap-frogged over each other through a HUGE pit of mud, until we reached the grassy end! And TIME. Hallelujah! Our time was 4:35, and the winning time was 2:19, so I'm pretty proud we girls made it with double that time :)
 Our first "After" picture

 Sassy Mud Monsters and Roomies
 
We even made friends with boys. Who turned out to be the winning team, no big deal. 
We have a 6th sense in finding successful men ;)


 Back at the Apt, we took some final pics, and then showered in our clothes. 
It's gotta get out somehow!



After we got all cleaned up and sparkly again, we put on our very special shirts saying that we survived the Mud Mayhem that morning. We clean up pretty good huh? ;)
(and sorry the writing is backwards in this pic, I took it on photobooth, therefore it is backwards)


Can't wait for next year to have another muddy adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment