Here are some thoughts that I am recording solely by stream-of-conciousness. If you don't know what that means, you didn't pay attention in your English classes.
I love planes. The feeling you get on the way up, and then realizing that a 5 ton hunk of metal just lifted off the ground with PEOPLE inside, is mind boggling.Packing is a drag. You have to make sure everything fits, and that you didn't forget anything. That's the worst part. Cuz if you get that feeling of "I know I'm forgetting something, but what the heck is it?"...you know something's wrong. And it'll bug you until you un-pack and find out exactly what that object was that was getting at your insides telling you it was being left behind. Someone wanna pack for me this week?
I have never been good with keys. If I have to open a door with a key, you might as well take it from out of my hand and do it for me or I'll be standing there for at least 3 minutes jabbing it in all which way. It's just a quirk I have. An annoying one. What am I gonna do when I own a house and my hubby isn't there to unlock the door for me?! You wouldn't think that would be a concern of mine. But it sadly, it pathetically is.
Blake has taught me to be less of a worrier this Summer. You don't HAVE to roll the windows up so they're only 1 centimeter from the top when you're parking and leaving your car. People aren't going to try to steal something if your window is still 2 inches from the top. Leaving the keys in your car when you're just getting out for a second to talk to someone, is OK. Bugs aren't that gross. They're smaller than you. (That one I'm still workin on...) Also, more of a risk taker. You're not going to crash, it's just like driving a car (while driving his 4 wheeler on the farm). Just jump, I'll catch you (while climbing over treacherous rock formations). Hold on tight, you won't fall off (his jet skiis). Just a few of the phrases I had to learn to trust him about. It's so freeing to get over the small things. PS-This is a picture of me and Mel trying to push Blake out of the boat. Didn't work.
Being told "Good luck" and "I'll miss you," are both sad and very happy things. The words make you more excited than you thought you were in the first place, and grateful to have known such a nice person. It can be insincere sometimes, but not when they look you in the eye and tell you. Then it's honesty. And that feels good.
I must be a super heavy sleeper and I cant decide if that is a good or a bad thing. I slept through one of the biggest thunderstorms we've had all Summer just a couple nights ago. I only heard about it because I was asked the next morning, "did you hear that thunder?? did you see that lightning, it was like day in here?!" Hope a tornado doesn't rage through the neighborhood while I'm in an ignorant doze of slumber. Scary.
Procrastinating is evil. And it's one of my biggest woes in life. Why did we have to have summer homework? :(
Some of my recent favorites I feel like sharing...
Smiling when you read a text and just know that that person is smiling too.
Greek yogurt. If you don't believe me, try one. You're in for a heavenly surprise in your mouth.Fall fashion. Cozy sweaters, jackets, scarves, boots and laid-back hair-dos.
Red and bright pink lipstick. They make me feel kissable, and daring.
Lace. On dresses, bras, headbands, it just makes things pretty and I love it.
Color in nature. Seriously guys, there is SO MUCH out there to be inspired by.
Wearing socks to bed and being surprised they're both still on your feet in the morning. Is it just me, or do you guys wake up with one on and one off because it got sucked into the bottom of the bed?
Beautiful photography.
Receiving a letter in the mail.
Talking to someone who you haven't met before, but because someone they know, and someone you know, knows you two will like each other, you try, and it works :) Yay, new friend!
Hugs from 4 and 5 year olds. They're so little you have to bend down to hug them or else you're not face to face and it's not as special.
Homemade bread. The smell in the house is unmatchable. Woah- Is unmatchable a real word?
Vacuuming. Yes, I said vacuuming. I'm one to takes satisfaction in the lines on the carpet of a freshly vacuumed room....and that's about all for right now. Sorry if my stream-of consciousness rambles got you tired of being inside my head. You can go now :) Thanks for humoring me.
Love,
~Em

No comments:
Post a Comment