Sometimes poetry clears my mind. So last night I wrote a couple poems. The first was written through tears, and I think the second one I wrote after I was done crying and made a resolution to just smile, no matter what. Join me?
Leaving
There are different kinds of leaving.
Leaving behind and leaving alone.
Neither of those sound too good to me.
Leaving behind hurts those left behind and is supposed to mean a fresh start for the one who's left.
But to me, leaving behind is never easy.
Things are back where you left them.
Changing without you.
Leaving alone is sometimes necessary when you want a quiet moment.
But it can be your enemy when silence is your only company and you realize what you're missing.
Staying sounds better to me.
Smiling
Smiling is my favorite thing to do.
I think its the prettiest expression anyone could wear.
I think I'll wear a smile, not a frown.
I have everything we need, and most everything I want
to be happy.
It's just a matter of living in a way so that a smile is the first thing I put on in the morning
and the last thing I take off.
You hear of people dying with a smile on their lips.
I think that's the ultimate announcement that you have lived a happy life.
It seems like the best way to go,
being laid down in the ground smiling towards the sky.
So let's smile, you and I. Always and no matter what.
No comments:
Post a Comment